Operating Authority Agent

What is Interstate Operating Authority?

Anyone operating a truck with a gross vehicle weight rating of 10,001 pounds or more in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise is a motor carrier. Motor carriers that transport their own goods or passengers, not for-hire are known as private motor carriers. An example of this would be a manufacturer transporting its own goods or a company transporting its own personnel.

Private motor carriers transporting their goods are not required to have interstate (or intrastate authority) to transport their goods from one state to another (or from points and places within a given state). However, motor carriers that transport goods or passengers for compensation are for-hire motor carriers.

For-hire motor carriers are required to have operating authority to cover the type of operation they are involved in. If a for-hire motor carrier is transporting goods or passengers from one state to another state, it is required to have interstate operating authority. This operating authority is issued by the US Department of Transportation (US DOT) through the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). There are several types of Interstate Operating Authority available to carriers. Knowing which one to get and how to get it can be very confusing and time consuming. 

How can Bravo Zulu help me get my Operating Authority?

Let Bravo Zulu help you secure your Interstate Operating Authority. We’ll assess your needs, file all the necessary paperwork electronically with the FMCSA and get you up and running quickly and easily.

Bravo Zulu will secure your Interstate Operating Authority for as low as $525.00

Why stress over getting your authority? Leave it to us to get it done right!

Call (888) BRAVOZULU or email us for more information!